SB&C Services has an immediate need for a Construction Laborer. We are looking for an energetic, attention to detail, and career oriented individual to join our team. Must be experienced with installing underground and or aerial telephone, cable tv and fiber optic drops to homes and business. Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours. Overnight travel is required (lodging and transportation is provided). In addition, it is a Department of Transportation covered classification and is subject to random drug screening.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
- Previous experience in construction such as Underground Utility, Trenching Equipment, Welding, Electrical Construction, Cable TV, Telephone Installation, Pole climbing, Fiber Splicing, structured wiring.
- Be able to perform minor mechanical services, maintenance and repairs
- Must work safely at all times as defined by SB&C Services safety standards and procedures.
- Follow the direction of their journeyman, crew lead and/or supervisor at all times.
- Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and procedures.
- Must work in a team environment.
- Hand excavate in an ergonomically safe manner.
- Load and unload equipment, material, job site debris and maintain housekeeping according to SB&C Services safety standards and procedures.
- Perform construction and maintenance and installation on fiber optic lines and underground fiber optic infrastructures
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Use extension ladders
- May be required to perform traffic control functions under the direction of a Crew Leader.
- Ability to travel out of State for an extended period of time.
Job Type: Full-time